Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Disadvantage of Submitting Your Blog in Directory

I found this problem after Adsense declining my application due to duplicate/auto generated content of my blog. At first that is a big mystery knowing that all my articles are authentic and base on my own thoughts. I never use auto blog or auto generated content thus it made me to investigate what is going on my blog.

Using search engine, I search everything that linked on my account as well as content that has the same impression on me. I found out that there are lots duplicate content coming from blog directory such as zimbio, blogcatalog, bloggers etc. I remembered that I submitted my blog there and let them get excerpt from my blog in return of links. I also sent Press Release and it pushed other auto blog to get republish my PR also in return of links.

Though they link me back as the source still most of them are reputable through age and links thus it is not impossible for them to get the authority over my articles. I believe that this is the reason my blog has been branded a site containing duplicate content. Although it is not a big issue on Google as I saw most of my content are still on decent rank, overall factors I search on my site authority base on content it is showing that blog directory dominate my content and is really alarming.

Solution:

Since it is difficult to contact them one by one and tell them to remove their post especially to those who are generated automatic content from your blog. So instead of removing those negative links towards in your blog, what you can do now is to add positive links to neutralize them and to convince Google that you have still quality content over those duplicate content.

I know that blog directory is a basic way to have links, but like what I've said, there is a problem from submitting your blog, so instead of doing this as your first step, at the beginning you can first add positive links to prevent the red flag of search engine to treat your site as duplicate.

1 comment:

  1. its gud information thanks to us the main content in though they link me back as the source still most of them are reputable through age and links thus it is not impossible for them to get the authority over my articles,Web development bangalore

    ReplyDelete